Crawfish

ajohnston

Seaman
Crayfish or crawfish either one ok with me for i have heard them called everything. They are a favorite food for catfish and small mouth bass here and i have used them for bait close to 50 years. I have never been able to keep them alive for long once placed on the hook. I hook them through the tail. Is there a different method?

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Crawfish

I know this sounds crazy but when using the small fresh water ones in lower Hutt rivers, I tie them on with dental floss. They stay alive as long as you need them.<br />Ross

crab bait

Captain

that's not crazy.. good dental hygene is important for all GODS creatures.. whats best ,, waxed or un-waxed.. cinnamin or mint... how often do you pull in the bait for check-ups....???...

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey mate, if you're going to take the mickey then I might have to come over there and catch some fish from your river.<br />With my feet in your river they may just jump out all by themselves!<br />Ross

crab bait

Captain

COME-ON-OVER... we'd love to have ya.. just try an keep your feet out of the water ,tho... we have enviromental laws..

Greg Lawrence

Petty Officer 1st Class

dont them bugs have horns? if they do you can use a live shrimp hook that grabs under the carpace and uses a loop with spring around the horn, they work great on live shrimp.