Fishing Quetico

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'd like any tips or ideas anyone has about fishing in Quetico, north of MN the 2nd week of September. I've been there in June but not September. We will be in lakes that have one or more of the following...lake trout, northern, smallmouth bass and walleyes and we'd like to fish for all of them. What lures, etc.? Many thanks.

gonfishn

Commander
Re: Fishing Quetico

Hello BV<br /><br /> I'm not sure of the area that your going to but I fish N Minn. every year. September is a good time for your larger Northern and Musky. They go into what I call Feeding frenzy just before it really cools down.<br /> Try the inside of the weed beds to start and work your way out. I use the terminator and crank over areas that show cover. Chubs our also good for drifting. Repalas are always a good choice this time of year for the eyes<br /> Not much different in terrain then where i am except they tend to go a bit bigger in the North where you go. Good luck.

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fishing Quetico

Hello JW,<br /><br />Thank you for responding and for your suggestions. We will be going into Canada, just above Gunflint Train Road (east of Ely) and fishing in the Saganaga Lake, Saganagons Lake and then in Kawnipi Lake. It sounds as if you think the Northerns will be near the surface in mid-September. That would be great for fishing/casting to them. Thanks again for your ideas. BV