TROUT

Jimmyp

Seaman Apprentice
IM NEW TO FISHING AND IF YOU CAN PLEASE TELL ME THE CORRECT LINE (IN POUNDS) AND HOOKS (SIZE) I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.<br /><br />THANKS ===JIM

Fishbusters

Ensign
Re: TROUT

I like the new flourocarbin called berkley vanish. It is a lo vis line and it does make a diference in the clear water. As to line size I have caught them on anything from 2 to 10 pound test but 6 is about right most of the time. I am by no means an expert but I like fishing lighter lines and frequently go with 2# when I should use much higher.

DTB

Cadet
Re: TROUT

it depends on the how aggressivly the fish are feeding and of course the size of the fish you are fishing for. I mainly fly fish now but I keep my spin caster w/ 6 lb . If the fish are being finiky or I'm fishing for smaller trout I will tie a leader of smaller line on. As for hooks with trout I've always found the smaller the better, I've caught 3-6 lbrs on a #22 dry fly.<br /> Fishing with bait is the most sure fire way to catch fish although the hardest on the fish should you waht to release it so if you are planning to fish catch and release spinners and flys are the way to go and more fun. When you fish bait my preferrd method is to slowly drag a worm along bottom. altough fly fishing is what turned me into a fishing fanatic and recommend it to any trout fisher<br /> :D