trickworms

Oshi

Seaman
can anyone share some techniques or secrets about how to use a trickworm around hydrilla or milfoil? thanks

Subman

Recruit
Re: trickworms

Place two glass beads on the line so they click each time you twitch the worm. (I use 3mm) Let the worm fall into holes in the grass about 2 or 3 feet then snap the line hard. This will get a reaction strike if the bass has come near it. You can also cause a bend on the worm when inserting the hook causing the worm jump when twitched.(Think I saw that on TV once in a commerial)duh. <br />Dusk/dawn/cloud cover=light color worm.<br />Brite sunshine=dark color(boated many nice bass at 1 to 2PM with a dark colored floating worm while the sun was brite as h_ll)

Fishbusters

Ensign
Re: trickworms

As well a couple other tricks I use with these worms is to use a more natural color like green when other colors are not working. Also you can rig them wacky style which is using a weedless hook and going through the middle of the worm (or eggsack if it has one) with it and inserting a nail weight in the head of the worm. It is usually a one fish rig but man they smash it hard. I use more natural colors once agian with this like a green or brown over the brighter colors.