JIG FISHING....HELP

texas_angler_2002

Petty Officer 2nd Class
HI,<br /> I RECENTLY WENT FISHING WITH MY FRIEND AND I WAS USING A SPINNER BAIT AND HE WAS USING A JIG-N-PIG. HE OUTFISHED ME 14-6 USING IT AND WHEN I TRY TO USE IT I CAN FEEL THE STRIKE. IS IT A TAP OR WHAT PLEASE HELP.

crab bait

Captain
Re: JIG FISHING....HELP

yes the JIG IS UP... JIGS WORK.. yes it's a suttle tap, for the most part.. let it fall with TITE line.. set hook on anythin' after awhile you'll LOCK ON .. GOOD LUCK

ccbangler

Cadet

I agree with Crab, but if the water is calm, or calm enough to watch your line, I will do it that way unless they are not very aggressive, and the I keep the line tight a shake it until I feel some tension and then I give it a real good hookset, usually from 4 oclock to 2 - 1 or 12 oclock real fast and hard.<br />I watched a bass suck one in and spit it out once and never felt a thing! So you have to be ready to set that hook the moment you feel something!

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

hey bud, as most of the guys here will tell you my crouching tiger style ( anything that sinks ) needs help. so i am paying special attention to your post. kinda spying. i've seen on a few posts were they put a jig on with a bobber. we should try this! on my way to hommosassa the other day i saw some guys headed for the salt and noticed that they had jigs pre-rigged on their poles in the rod racks. more spying. they had a chartruse/redhead and a rootbeer/redhead jig with a 3" pole bobber rigged about 2.5ft up from the jigs. i suppose they were headed for the flats and knew where they were going was about 3ft to the grass. hows that for espionage. well after i got the finger from the little old lady and started driveing again i got to thinking that i might try this out. will it apply to your style of gung fu (fishing). hope so. when i get a chance to try it i will let you know how it worked for me.<br />derwood