Live well and washdown operation

bleepyou

Cadet
just bought an 18'center console, 98 hydra sports. The boat was well cared for and not used very much. The original owner didn't even know about the raw water washdown and he never used the livewell, so he couldn't instruct me on their use. There is a common intake valve and each has a switch to operate pumps. does anyone know the sequence of operation?

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Live well and washdown operation

I would think you would turn on the switch, and the water would come out of the nozzle, or fill the live well, for whichever switch you flipped.<br /><br />At least every boat that I have had did it that way.<br /><br />Just be sure to turn them off when done, because they will pump in a lot of water. And, draw some power too.<br /><br />For example, the live well will probably overflow into your boat if you leave the pump on and running. It depends on the size of the top drains, and in most boats they are not big enough to handle constant running.<br /><br />Hope that is what you were asking for.

bleepyou

Cadet
Re: Live well and washdown operation

thanks for the reply. Sounds simple enough. I turn on the livewell switch , water fills the tank and circulates. there s an overflow near the top of the tank to prevent flooding the deck. Fine so far. Today for example I did just that and everything is fine until I'm done for the day and I cant empty the tank. there is 30 gallons of water in the tank and I can't empty it. <br />Where you from Dawg. Fishing was great today here in Jersey. went out solo and boated 18 winter flounder. Legal limit here is 11" my personal limit is 12" so I released 2- 11 1/2" ers the pan is sizzling now.