Eagle Trifinder with speed-temp

WHR

Recruit
Need some input on the Eagle Trifinder vs the Lowrance X-91. I fish for bluegills and walleye in 20' depths or less in Mich. and Canada, and the 150 degree coverage vs the 60 degree on the Lowrance really intrigues me. One or the other will be mounted on a 16' Sylvan single console.

Xenos

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Eagle Trifinder with speed-temp

You cant really compare the two, you really have to love that 150 degree coverage and the new fish reveal ( new greyscale) on the trifinder. Will you see more fish? In shallow water most defiantly if you know what your looking for. I doubt you will see hooks though as the fish has to enter and exit the beam in order for it to show up as a hook and at 150 degree that’s a lot of distance. The one negative I come up with is at 150degree your depth penetration will be low . Now the X91, it’s one of their powerhouses almost twice the power of the trifinder and the screen size as well is a big difference. With its power it will pick up bate fish and thermoclines but that again is for deeper water. The point is the x91 would be the best all around one but I doubt you can beat the trifinder for finding structure in shallow water.