Looking for a place in massachusetts

jarata

Petty Officer 3rd Class
can anyone tell me a place in masss to take a 19ft bowrider.usually go to lake winni or lake george need something close and big enough.Thanks

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Looking for a place in massachusetts

Where in MA? Lots of lakes down by the cape...if you are western ma...then the CT river...I go to Wallum Lake in Douglas MA.<br /><br />Give us alittle more info...area looking...activities looking to do...etc.<br /><br />-JMW

jarata

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i would say more like cruising i went on ct river this past weekend but thats another story.hate lakes that are so small its like once you get going you have to turn wheel again

tchamp

Cadet

jarata said:
can anyone tell me a place in masss to take a 19ft bowrider.usually go to lake winni or lake george need something close and big enough.Thanks

I have heard that Webster Lake is pretty nice up in Webster, Mass. I have never been there myself though. I have thought about trying it out. Check here for some information: http://www.websterlakeassociation.com/

dtherrien

Petty Officer 1st Class

Webster Lake would be the biggest to take a 19ft bowrider. It depends where you live. Central mass has alot of lakes.....Webster, Wallum, Big Allum, South Pond,Quabog Pond, Lashway Lake.
All the ones mentioned have excellent ramps.

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Here is a great resource...some of the maps are VERY basic...but make sure you look at page 2 (when available) to find info on fish surveys done etc.

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/dfw_pond.htm

I like Wallum for watersports...75' deep means that I dont have to worry about the boat or kids hitting something (rock, tree stump etc). The only "downside" to Wallum is that it doesn't have a dock..so expect to get wet while launching.

-JMW

Dissidentman

Recruit

Webster is a good size lake, but bring an extra prop. Wallum is on the smaller side, but good for water skiing/tubing. Nice and deep too. Take a look at Webster Lake from Google Earth, and you'll see what I mean.