HYDRA-SPORTS BOATS need help

I am looking at the HYDRA-SPORTS 212 CC. It is 20 feet 6 inches and has and 8 foot 8 inch beam. My question is the boat outfitted with a 200 hp 4 cycle YAMAHA is pricing at most dealers around 30,000 if there offer is 30k to me what should I be offering them how much leeway is there? What would you guys offer,, mind you this is a popular and hot boat right now. thanks

Beernutz

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: HYDRA-SPORTS BOATS need help

Depends upon how it's outfitted.<br /><br />Just to give you an idea, I bought the same boat a year ago (2001 model with a Johnson 150), and worked hard to get it for $28.5K, out the door, including tax registration and all. the purchase included value package, pedestal seats and leaning post seat, stainless steel prop, extended 5-year motor warranty, and Performance aluminum trailer with bronze disc brakes. No T-top (too many low bridges on the way to my house). During the last year, I've installed trim tabs, hydraulic jack plate (lotsa shallow water on the way home, too), Bimini top, outriggers, and a whole lotta other offshore fishing conveniences. <br /><br />I've owned many boats, and this one is the best by far. There's so much room in it! Took the porta-potty out of the console, and the storage room in there is unreal. A 4-rod rack fits perfectly behind the front seat back. This boat feels really solid and seaworthy offshore, and with the jack plate, I can run on a plane in 10-12 inches of water. The jack plate upset the balance a bit, though, by moving the motor aft about 6". Trim tabs solved that, along with compensating for loading and sea conditions. I have so much "adjustment" now, with motor trim, motor height, and tabs, it gets confusing! I'm just wondering how they compensated for the additional weight of the Yamaha 200 4-stroke. Nearly all of these boats that I see are powered by the Johnson 150.