water supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukie

Cadet
Help!<br />We just got a Mariner 28'. Everything is fine with it. However, our last boat didn't have water to it. We can't seem to figure out how to get the water to turn on. We have found the pump and the pump listed on the panel. Nothing happens. Is there a step that we are missing. This is new to us so we have a lot to learn. I would appreciate any help for us newbies. The boat has an owners manual but it really doesn't have a step by step instruction on how to turn the water on.<br />Thank you!

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: water supply

Since you found the switch and turned it on the water pump should have powered up. If it didnt I would suggest checking the fuse. I fthe fuse is ok you should then check for power and ground at the pump itself.<br /><br />BTW welcome to iboats. :)

mille73

Seaman Apprentice

Any luck with the pump. Mine wouldn't shut off. I had to ajust the pressure switch on the pump. It still cycles when no water is being used but at least it shuts off when it gets up to 30 psi.It has an accumalator tank. What year mariner do you have? We bought a 1979 28 ft. with twin 220 crusaders last fall love the boat. It has a teak swim platform & ladder with smoke glass salon door wall, really a sharp lookin boat. The previous owners took good care of her.

condorflt

Recruit

I have a 27' 1988 Montago. Had a similiar problem checked the switch and fuze, but it turns out that my pump was bad. A good way to check is jump the pumb directly to the battery, if it runs you have a wiring problem. If not a new pump cost about $125.00 installed.

TB

Status
Not open for further replies.