1989 CARVER MONTEGO 2357 CUDDY CABIN

Boating_Al

Seaman
I'm looking to buy this boat.(thinking about it)<br /><br />Anything that I should know or look for...good/bad.<br /><br />Thanks :)

28Riviera

Cadet
Re: 1989 CARVER MONTEGO 2357 CUDDY CABIN

Are you still looking and interested in any info?

28Riviera

Cadet

We bought an 85 Carver Riviera 2807 two years ago and overall couldnt be more pleased. We like the overall quality and Carvers are known for extra room due to wider than normal beams.<br /><br />We also have a good friend who has an 85/86 (not sure which) Carver 2557 with twin 4.3s and they really lover theirs as well.<br /><br />One thing to be aware of - some Carvers of that era are known to have issues with blisters, so make sure the surveryor sounds the bottom well. Our had been epoxy coated, but the surveyor showed us past repaired blisters. <br /><br />Other issues are the same as any older boat. Our cockpit upholstery was brand new when we bought the boat, but we have had to replace the canvas (4 years old when we bought it, but cheaply made), the interior cabin carpet (original, but an easy job to do by myself), VHF radio, and depth sounder. Our engines (Carver 220s) had been rebuilt a couple of years earlier, but engine hours is always something to be aware of on an older boat.<br /><br />I guess the only other thing I can think of off-hand is that Carvers are generally not the fastest on the water. The wide beam and flatter deadrise, gets us up on a plane easily, but we top out at about 30 mph. We like driving slower, so it's not a problem.<br /><br />You have any other specific questions?

Boating_Al

Seaman

thanks for taking the time to reply...if/when I have any questions I will post them...Al