Zodiac ZED 31

nmacparthalain

Recruit
Hi there,<br /><br />I have a fairly old Zodiac ZED 31 (10'2" or 3.1m) (early 1980's). It is tan/buff coloured with a brown spray hood has an inflatable keel and plywood floor and transom. I am currently trying to figure out if it is made of PVC or Hypalon. I am told that older Zodiacs are made from Hypalon. Does anybody here have any info? <br /><br />Many thanks in advance.<br /><br />Niall

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Zodiac ZED 31

niall,<br /> The ZED 31, and Z131 were and still are PVC<br />boats. <br /><br /> Cheers,<br /> Snow.

Franky219

Seaman Apprentice

Hmmm. I'm confused. I just bought a Zodiac ZED. Model #2922. It's a 1983 I believe. Anyways, the guy I bought it from told me It's Hypalon.
He inherited It though and was not a boater so Now I'm wondering if he knew what he was talking about. Does anyone know a website that I could look up info on? thanks

Franky219

Seaman Apprentice

Hi,
I found out my Zodiac is made of Hypalon. Pre 1985 models were mainly Hypalon. A way to make sure is to look inside the valve and see if the color inside is the same as on the outside. If the color is different it's most likely PVC.