96 12.6' futura fastroller.

Moosehunter

Cadet
Well after looking for a while i settled on this boat. Its in mint shape used ( not often) as a tender on big boat. Has new transom because wasnt dried properly last time rolled up and stored. I am going to find a peice of rubber i can cut to the size of the floor to protect it. I posted earlier about using it for moose hunting. I like the air floor because of reduced weight. If anybody knows the inflation psi for the chambers/floor that would be great. Any other ideas to protect boat or comments would be great. Its rated for 25hp engine. :)

c5inflatable

Cadet
Re: 96 12.6' futura fastroller.

congratulations! good choice. i don't know what pressure for that floor system but try inflatableboats.com. they are a zodiac dealer here in portland and are very knowledgable. <br /><br />just a couple more things. keep it out of the sun. i would keep inflated. and coat it with a UV protectant made specifically for inflatables. pvc hates sun! buy new fuel lines and fittings because inflatables don't like gas on them. also if you need extra rubstrake, d-rings etc, you can scavenge from old crusty inflatable boats that are cheap or free. <br /><br />ok, now go shoot a moose:)<br /><br />cya <br />andy

Moosehunter

Cadet

Thanks c5inflatable for the tip on the rubstrake and d rings. When i wasnt going to be using the boat i was going to deflate and store in my house. Why would you keep inflated? I will buy the uv protectant. I was wondering how the inflatable cleaner works? If the boat gets dirty will it bring it back to new?

c5inflatable

Cadet

i don't think it's really a big deal to store it deflated. i've heard stories of rodents nibbling on folded up boats though and an inflated one is harder for everything except an alligator to chew on. i have a small avon that is older and everywhere the rubstrake was folded over it is pulling away.<br /><br />as far as the protectant, i bought mine at that inflatable boat store and it was like 17 bucks. they swear by it. you first need to clean the tubes than afterwards put the stuff on. buy a specialized cleaner at the same store. the protectant reminds me of armour all. it definately makes the tubes look newer and protects them from the sun.<br /><br />go ahead and fold it up. <br /><br />andy

Moosehunter

Cadet

Yet another question. A bud of mine has a two stroke 30hp i could buy. The boat is rated for a 25hp. Should i buy it or try to find a 25. Will use a 9.9 for hunting to save weight. The other motor will be for cruising/fishing.<br /><br />Thanks again.

coleman kayak1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I personally don't beileve it would make a difference.<br />But.......<br />If you get pulled over and the sheriff/coast guard/etc. finds out your overpowered, it could be a fine depending on your location. And insurance will probably be tough if your overpowered. Just my 2 cents.