Great Idea

jmatteo1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm looking forward to reading Wellcraft posts. iboats is the web site that others aspire to be.

jmatteo1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Great Idea

I'm not sure. I'm not much of a Wellcraft historian, however, I'm sure that someone here at iboats will have some info for us.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Originally posted by Scarab1:<br /> Why does wellcraft no longer make the Scarab boats? [/QUOTE <br />Was losing money on them because of the times and they were associated with drug runners.

mercrewser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not at all. Wellcraft wants to focus on fishing boats. I think Larry Smith still makes Scarabs, he was the original designer.

pwj50

Cadet

Originally posted by jmatteo1:<br /> I'm looking forward to reading Wellcraft posts. iboats is the web site that others aspire to be.

pwj50

Cadet

I have a 1976 196 Sun Hatch I am trying to restore. I sure got into more than I thought when I removed the floor. Stringers and transom got to be replaced..

jmatteo1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If you've made up your mind to get it done, you have found the most helpful forums on the net. I had quite of bit to do on mine and would never have been able to get it done without help from a lot of helpful people here at iboats. Good luck! Joe