1966 Starcraft nametags

Morax

Recruit
hey all just aquired a 1966 starcraft 12 foot aluminum boat. need to know if there is anyone here that can tell me or point me in the direction of where I can get the nameplates for the thing, one is in good shape, but the other (umm port side i think) is cracked a little bit (missing a leg off the "A") i know sounds frivilous but hey everything else on this thing is cherry so why not... Thanks all!!

Allular

Cadet
Re: 1966 Starcraft nametags

I've been curious about where to find some as well. Let us know if you find a source.

bradyt

Seaman

goto www.starcraftmarine.com they have got a website on starcraft boats being manufactured for many years. 15 years ago there was a starcraft manufacturing plant that made aluminum boats in Goshen, Indiana,you might want to check both alternatives. :)

patlisa

Cadet

I have a 1965 Starcraft and need the logo name also one side. If anyone gets any leads let me know. Thanks

rml

Seaman

I am also looking for a pair to pretty up my 1965 Jupiter 16'. Any leads are appreciated.<br /><br /> --rml

bradyt

Seaman

rml,i have a 1965 viking 14' i could'find any stickers to match name decals on the sides, took some time but outlined what was there with some half inch wide masking tape,went around all the letters carefully.Then cleaned lightly with steelwool,went to hardware store and matched paint color,and sprayed it. you can't even tell the diffrence. :) <br /><br />Pink at night sailors delight,Pink in the morning sailors take warning. :)

patlisa

Cadet

Well heck, I think I'm going to mass produce these nameplates!!!! I wonder how many I can sell before the Starcraft lawyers come knocking on my door. I tried to contact Starcraft for some leads and received a new boat brochure. You would think they would want the free advertising, especially on there vintage models that are still hard at work and play.

Charles Dean

Cadet

I am restoring a 1962 Starcraft Jupiter. It has the original name plates on the two stern sides, but the plastic is cracking. I took one to a foundry in RI and they are casting me two replicas out of aluminum. These are costing me $40 each -- not bad! These suckers will last forever. I'll get these two name plates chromed when done.<br /><br />Good luck!

Always Broke

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hmmmmm……I wonder how long a registered name or patent is good for? If guys are willing to pay $40.00 a piece it may be worth looking into. It’s surprising what you can do with a torch, a little sand, and a hunk of cast aluminum…. Makes me wish I would have stayed in metal shop in school instead of changing to wood shop :cool: