About Time!!!

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer
Spring is here!<br /><br />Boat fired up for the first time this season!<br /><br />Need to install Pertronix ignition...a few cosmetic fixes and polish her up!<br /><br />Hopefully she will be wet this weekend!<br /><br />-JMW

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Re: About Time!!!

Congrats! Mine's still shrink wrapped. May 1st or so I'll open it up and "Summerize" it. Can't wait.

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Get her out! Mine is still in storage, probably for 3 more weeks? :mad: :mad: :cool:

JustMrWill

Hmmm...2 weeks later and guess what...still not in the water!<br /><br />Added pertronix upgrade...then started stopped working...fiddled with that and it started working...rain...rain...nice but family plans...etc. This weekend she will be wet (unless something else goes - tilt/trim motor doesn't sound quite right). *sigh*<br /><br />No matter how hard I try..I just can't see to get her in the water when I want.<br /><br />-JMW

JustMrWill

WOOT!<br /><br />Just took her out on a nearby lake...water temps still in the 50's so no tubing for daughter..but other than that she is running terrific! Still have a problem (prob carb) where she will start to lose power after running wide open for a few minutes...but cruising speed is about 35mph soo..not too worried right now.<br /><br />-JMW

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by JustMrWill:<br /> WOOT!<br /><br /> Still have a problem (prob carb) where she will start to lose power after running wide open for a few minutes...but cruising speed is about 35mph soo..not too worried right now.<br /><br />-JMW
That's more likely a fuel delivery issue. May want to see if the gas tank is venting properly. You might be creating a vacuum in the tank with high fuel draw while at WOT.

JustMrWill

I was thinking along the simular lines...fuel starvation...was thinking that my carb needed some adjustments...will look at the vent though...it always blows fumes at me while I am filling up so I assumed that it was venting well enough.<br /><br />You get your boat out yet?<br /><br />-JMW