Lund owners - Livewell question

SaskLund

Cadet
Hi there, I have a 1999 Lund Pro-v. It has two livewells, each with a bait well on a second level. When I use my fill switch, manual or timed switch, one pump runs the livewells. On the other side of the livewell is another pump. I thought this was for recirculation, an option that I have, but when I switch it, I see the same pump working. Is something weird here...why does the other pump not do anything?<br />Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: Lund owners - Livewell question

Sounds like they wired the same pump to 2 switches.......there must be a terminal block under there with both switch wires going to the same contact..... :confused:

SaskLund

Cadet

Thanks for the reply walleye...funny thing is it is the same on both livewells...if I only had one you could see the mess up....unless the previous owner played with them??????

walleyehed

Admiral

Ahhhh, the "previous owner" thing.....You never know what the guy before ya done.....Time to start ringing out some wires and see where they go!!!! Good luck! :)

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Maybe the one recirc pump died and they just wired the switches to the same pump set-up on both sides because it was easier or for the heck of it. Then again, maybe they found it worked better this way.