Wakeboard Tower for Sunesta

aerenson

Cadet
I have a 1999 Sunesta 233. Since we are wakeboarding more than skiing now, I am looking to install a tower on the boat. My questions are basic such as can it be done? How difficult of an installation will it be? Any suggestions, advise and guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Wakeboard Tower for Sunesta

Boat Topics and Questions (not engine topics)<br />But will keep it open here also.

Boatrupt

Recruit

I have a 2004 Sunesta 254 and I am looking at putting a tower on it. I have looked into it pretty extensively and any universal tower like the Big Air or Monster Towers will work, but I don't like the way they look. I also want to be able to use my factory bimini top and it might be tough with one of those. There is a guy MarkHB on boatingabc.com that installed a great looking tower on his Monterey Explorer, which is a deck boat, that I really like. If you do a search, I am sure you will be able to see it. It is a custom tower that follows the same lines as his bimini and is tall enough to work with the bimini. The company that made it is Fishing Boats Unlimited in Costa Mesa, CA and there phone number is 949-642-0882. I called them and they are supposed to be sending me some pictures. They gave me a price of $2,000 plus shipping. The Monster and Big Air towers can be bought for less than $1000, but they won't even come close to looking as good or being as funcional. If you give me your email address, I will send you the pictures when they send them to me.<br />Sorry, no direct linking, just referrals.

aerenson

Cadet

Originally posted by Boatrupt:<br /> I have a 2004 Sunesta 254 and I am looking at putting a tower on it. I have looked into it pretty extensively and any universal tower like the Big Air or Monster Towers will work, but I don't like the way they look. I also want to be able to use my factory bimini top and it might be tough with one of those. There is a guy MarkHB on boatingabc.com that installed a great looking tower on his Monterey Explorer, which is a deck boat, that I really like. If you do a search, I am sure you will be able to see it. It is a custom tower that follows the same lines as his bimini and is tall enough to work with the bimini. The company that made it is Fishing Boats Unlimited in Costa Mesa, CA and there phone number is 949-642-0882. I called them and they are supposed to be sending me some pictures. They gave me a price of $2,000 plus shipping. The Monster and Big Air towers can be bought for less than $1000, but they won't even come close to looking as good or being as funcional. If you give me your email address, I will send you the pictures when they send them to me.<br />Sorry, no direct linking, just referrals.

Boatrupt

Recruit

Well Fishing Boats Unlimited still hasn't sent me any pics yet. I spent most of the day yesterday looking at different companies and the Big Air H20 started to grow on me a little bit. It can be had for $895 and $90 shipping. Also, I found a tower made by XMP inc. called a Tsunami that I like better and almost as well as MarkHB's. They are running a special that includes a wake board rack, 2 wake tower lights, a wake mirror, and free shipping for $1274.99. The web addresses are below. Let me know what you think.<br /><br />bigairpylons.com<br />xmpinc.com<br /><br /><br />Referrals only please, no direct linking.

aerenson

Cadet

They look great. I will be contacting them tomorrow with a few detail questions.

Boatrupt

Recruit

Still no pictures from Fishing Boats Unlimited. They have a web site at fishingboatsunlimited.com.<br /><br />I have talked to Big Air and Xtreme Marine Products and I think I like the Tsunami tower form xmpinc.com better. It seems like it is built better and has better material. I am going to measure my bimini tomorrow to see if their universal tower will work. If it won't they will bend the tower custom for $100. I will let you know what I find out.