trophy steering

tweeder

Cadet
just wandering how i would know which kind of steering system i would need to replace the one in my 1990 trophy 1903CC. i'm not sure but the steering is real tight and i'm not sure what else to do. thanks for the help.

Downrigger

Seaman Apprentice
Re: trophy steering

Originally posted by tweeder:<br /> just wandering how i would know which kind of steering system i would need to replace the one in my 1990 trophy 1903CC. i'm not sure but the steering is real tight and i'm not sure what else to do. thanks for the help.
The steering in my 1991 2002 started getting very tight just before it broke. Unless i'm mistaken you have the same rack steering system I had in my Trophy. The old TeleFex rack system. A direct replacement is the new TeleFlex NFB (No Feedback) Rack System. They are pretty cheap, slip right in and a huge improvement over the standard "The Rack" system. The best thing is that you will no longer feel any engine torque in the steering and you can let go of the wheel under way at full throttle and not fight the wheel. $199 at Bass Pro but I found it for about $150 shipped with a search on the Net (Don't remember where).<br /><br />Larry