4.3l Merc Prop Change

wstirrett

Recruit
Hello<br />I have a 4.3L Merc Sterndrive with a 18 foot Campion Open Bow boat. Approx weight is 2400 lbs.<br />RPM with existing 14.25" x 21P BlackMAx prop is at the upper limit with normal load and trim up (4700RPM). If I remember correctly speed is around 43-46MPH using GPS.<br />As I want to buy a new prop (use old one as spare) to improve the hole shot but don't really want to loose too much on the top end which prop would you recommend.<br />These are the ones I am considering from using Mercury Prop Selector online<br /><br />Revolution 4 14.625 x 21P or<br />High Five 13.25 x 21P<br />Thanks in advance :confused:

wstirrett

Recruit
Re: 4.3l Merc Prop Change

Forgot to say its an Alpha 1 Drive with a 1.8 Ratio. Motor is 4.3L Carburated (190HP).

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Re: 4.3l Merc Prop Change

Personally i went with a stilleto Bay Pro 11 (4 blade) and smart tabs. After searching and reading countless threads the above mentioned brand it will provide both lift and better grip & there is not much more that can be done with Sterndrives. Now the trim tab is a whole different animal lots a very good comments coming from all over this forum..<br /><br />Now i sure wish i could get this boat restore done and post the results...