prop size

rburtonrmx

Cadet
I am fairly new to boating .. I have a 1990 bayliner Capri 2000 bowrider w a 150 hp force outboard i have a 13x19 aluminum prop on my boat would pull 5200 rpm at about 35mph we are at 3800 ft at the lake... i had a problem with the tilt cylinder leaking down so i replaced the tilt cylinder.. now the boat will pull about 56-5800 rpm trimed completely down. any sugestions on different prop?

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: prop size

we need a figure of RPM trimmed out for best ride at WOT....<br />Trimmed down will be less RPM than it's capable of.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Hi Kenny, Notice your new LOGO. Did you get a promotion to Rear Adm and this was your cue to change? Don't remember what your previous rank was.<br /><br />Mark

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Roberto.<br /><br />You should be able to firewall your throttle and trim to best speed and give us a number without hurting anything for a short burst under load.<br /><br />Like I bought this boat and the previous owner had it 2 years with a 17" prop. My first time out I goosed it out of the hole leaving the no wake zone at the dock and as it went thru 7500 rpm's (and headed for more) I shut it down. The hole shot almost broke my neck from whiplash.<br /><br />Went to a 21 and still it was at 6250 at WOT trimmed out and I ran like that for awhile course I went to WOT in short bursts, just long enough to trim out and record the top speed.....like a couple of minutes at a time separated by slower (4000ish) rest periods.<br /><br />Then finally got this 24 which brought the rpm's down to 5600 and with 5500 the max rating I was happy.<br /><br />We need a number....but I don't want you to tear up your stuff......course if I thought you would I obviously wouldn't be suggesting it. These little 2 cycles witll run 10G in racing circles with just a few mods and most of the mods are in fuel delivery, exhaust, and propulsion, not in the crank, rods, and pistons.<br /><br />Mark

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Roberto.<br /><br />You should be able to firewall your throttle and trim to best speed and give us a number without hurting anything for a short burst under load.<br /><br />Like I bought this boat and the previous owner had it 2 years with a 17" prop. My first time out I goosed it out of the hole leaving the no wake zone at the dock and as it went thru 7500 rpm's (and headed for more) I shut it down. The hole shot almost broke my neck from whiplash.<br /><br />Went to a 21 and still it was at 6250 at WOT trimmed out and I ran like that for awhile course I went to WOT in short bursts, just long enough to trim out and record the top speed.....like a couple of minutes at a time separated by slower (4000ish) rest periods.<br /><br />Then finally got this 24 which brought the rpm's down to 5600 and with 5500 the max rating I was happy.<br /><br />We need a number....but I don't want you to tear up your stuff......course if I thought you would I obviously wouldn't be suggesting it. These little 2 cycles witll run 10G in racing circles with just a few mods and most of the mods are in fuel delivery, exhaust, and propulsion, not in the crank, rods, and pistons.<br /><br />Mark