Looking for opinions on BRP prop.

budsbud66

Petty Officer 2nd Class
im bidding on this prop currently<br /> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4629833645&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT <br /><br />I was just wondering if this is a decent prop for the money,<br /><br />My current prop is a 13 3/4 x 15 pitch aluminum OMC running at 5800 WOT<br /><br />what kinda performance difference should i guess at from upgrading to this style SS prop???<br /><br />i probebly wont bid much higher then 120$ because you can get after market ones brand new for around 200$..

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Looking for opinions on BRP prop.

I sure wouldn't expect much with only a 1/8" difference in diameter and the same pitch. However if your prop is worn or doesnt have a lot of bite you may see some.

gatorred

Petty Officer 1st Class

wait till close to end to bid then you'll see who want's the prop i sell on ebay too (computer stuff) neil my friend said last 10 min of bid's before closing,he help's me because of my health on selling stuff.

ob15

Chief Petty Officer

If that's a true SST (which is stainless)that's quite a different prop than the OMC aluminums. You will definatley lose rpm's using the same set up. For the price it's listed now, that's a pretty good deal. Notice I didn't mention the SST diameter? When the diameters are that close it should have any affect at all. It's the pitch that really makes a difference. usually an aluminum prop with 2" more pitch is generally the same a an SS prop with 2" less pitch.<br /><br />I had a 11 3/4 x 17 aluminum OMC prop on my boat (15' skiff with an 89 J50). I couldn't tell what the WOT was because that prop hit the rev limiter. I switched to a 19 pitch SST and can just barley hit 5800. I am assuming I could propably get at least 6200 with the aluminum.<br /><br />I hope Dhadley Doesn't come back and prove me wrong. But he might add that adjusting the setup you may be able to use the prop.

budsbud66

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well im running 5800RPM at WOT, i will sacrifice 200 RPM for 2mph on the top.. but i doubt that will be happening.. <br /><br />its a 2006 BRP SST prop off a 50hp ETEC. im sure its gotta have a better design then my 1984 OMC aluminum

walleyehed

Admiral

Actually, they are Identical blade designs...the material is all that's different for the most part. Of course the SST is thinner.