Hello Walleyehed

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Kenny,<br /><br />Want to apologize for my behavior. I don't know what happens to the brain as you get older, but you think you know more about everything and actually the opposite is true. I have probably forgetten more than I ever knew.<br /><br /><br />My hot dog racing activities were lots of years ago and technology has certainly progressed since then. We didn't read about it or see it on tv-no tv-, we just went to the river and had fun.<br /><br />Also the boats we ran then were small and light and nothing to compare to the mils run today. The little Quicksilver racing lowers and 2 bladed brass props were top of the line then. We had nothing like jack plates, power trim and all that.....but I do recall seeing a 2 cyl OMC with "mumps" on it for higher speed. Don't remember the particulars.<br /><br />Otherwise, I was pretty content with pretty good performance on my fishing boats and never had/took the time, nor had the money, to fine tune them all that much.<br /><br />As I said earlier, I've had 10 years away from boating and that's 10 years of forgetting and 10 years of technology advances.<br /><br />Sounds like "you're the man" and speak from a world of experience and associations.<br /><br />I guess what got me off on the wrong foot was your "logo" comment about your rude running away from everything and I just figured you were a smarty pants.<br /><br />Again, my apologies.<br /><br />Now, with all that said, I was brousing yesterday on an old Merc -'50's vintage- site and saw a pic of a 3 pt hydro, Merc driven, side cowling removed and the caption included the name of the driver......Kenny. You?<br /><br />Mark

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: Hello Walleyehed

Mark, Thank you for the kind words...I can get the same way at times too.....I think it's because we are human...so they tell me..<br />As for the Hydro, no, it's not mine..I have one in the shop right now in mid-construction.<br />Looks like a Merc 44 will be pushing it too..Lots a parts around for it.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Thanks.<br /><br />Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my boat to the water since the lakes around here are 10'ish feet low.<br /><br />No! What I really need to do is do the Indian Rain Dance and get about 2' of rain here to stop this drought.<br /><br />Mark

walleyehed

Admiral

Yea, things don't look anything like it did when I was down there...2 years ago was far from dry.<br />Hope you ain't in any of the bad fire zones...stay safe if ya are.<br />p.s. If you do the rain dance and it works, I'll send a plane down for ya... :D