bravo 3 props

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is anyone aware of anybody supplying aftermarket props for Bravo 3 drives? I always used to carry a spare prop with my old alpha drive but I am not so sure that i want to shell out for Genuine Merc Parts for a spare wheel(s). Even poly might be ok to get me home. <br /><br />Thanks in advance for any and all replies!!! :)

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: bravo 3 props

no aftermarket, sorry.<br />propellersonline.com $489.50 ea.<br />I have a set of damaged (need to be repaired)26 high thrust off a 2005 Rinker, I would sell you for $300.

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class

how bad is the ouchy on the props?

TilliamWe

Banned

forward prop is worse than rear. One blade bent quite a bit. My local guy said he would fix them, but he may not be able to make the one blade look "not repaired". He said it would be straight, but it may have a visual clue that it's been repaired. (Then he told me that he only has pitch blocks up to 24s, so he couldn't do my 26s, and since I already have 26s, I didn't have them repaired.)Rear prop is just nicked up a bit. I think I still have photos. Want me to send them to you??

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks, but 26's might be a little tall for my motor. I just wish someone would make cheapo plastic emergency props. maybe good enough to get you 20 miles for piece of mind boating. :)

TilliamWe

Banned

As I tell everyone, if you mess up B3 props that bad, you're gonna have other problems, and there will be no "20 miles" to get. No hubs whatsoever. So if you hurt them bad, you need your outdrive checked immediately! The plus side, they are hard to hurt! Mine are 1997 with 650 hours and they are great!<br />But no aftermarket props are made for B3 at all. No alum, no SS, no plastic. Merc has you by the ____s!

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, it just looks like I will take care of the ones I've got. Thanks for the answers!! :) :) :)

TilliamWe

Banned

propmd, thanks for your pricing info, if I need a set, I'll be browsing you site. <br />I won't be sending you the ones to be repaired, as they are going to be going to Florida soon, they are technically my dad's. He'll have them fixed down there, if he decides to use them.

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class

I looked up the prop on the propmd website. are they selling each prop individually or are there both props included in the 479.? Seems they have left hand and right hand available. Is this for B3 twin engine? DO they counter rotate the counter rotation? I am getting dizzy(er)! :confused:

stevens

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hi Doc, glad to see you here. You'll find this forum to be very active, and with a good mix of experts and complete novices who will all appreciate your professional advise.<br /><br />The overt selling is best handled elsewhere, but I guess you can always invite people to drop you an e-mail or have a look at your website.<br /><br />Regarding Bravo III props, I see there are also several sets for sale on Ebay these days at less than $300 for the set.

TilliamWe

Banned

brine, those prices are a piece. It takes two props to make a Bravo 3 "propset" From Mercruiser they are $605/ea. So $1210 for the set. One prop is left hand & one is right hand. the props rotate in opposite directions from each other on the same drive. On twin engine applications with Bravo 3, there is no need to run anything backwards. Engines & drives turn the same direction.<br />If you are getting a "spare" set of props you will spend at least $958.

PropMD.com

Cadet

Sorry about the overt selling. I had intended to put more emphasis on the 26" blocks as the way I read the note was that they may be very hard to find.<br /><br />As far as E-bay goes......BEWARE. Not that this happens all the time, but I do get a lot of calls from people who bought a prop on e-bay, not from a prop shop, and have found the hub spun, out of balance, doesn't fit, not EXACTLY what they thought they were getting. Ebay is a great tool, don't get me wrong. However when you are not just purchasing a, say, $400 item. You are purchasing that item that you don't want to damage your $10,000 motor.<br /><br />Many of the items on e-bay were found at a garage sale for a bargin, then resold to a larger audience for a nice profit.<br /><br />Ebay is like a large garage sale. There are deals there if you hunt, wait, sort out the junk... but when you really need a 3/8" LH acorn nut it may be better just to go to the hardware store and buy one.

stevens

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I understand your caution about eBay, but usually it is OK if you just read the ads very carefully and are sure about exactly what you need.<br /><br />For example, I don't think Mr. Brine here could go wrong with eBay item 4586594561 . Item 4586786530 on the other hand is probably more of a gamble....

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class

A lot of great info. E-bay is not something that I have embraced just yet. I kind of like to be able to reach across a counter and grab someone by the throat if they sell me something crappy.<br /> <br /> I do , however , really like the b3 drive and think that someone should start aftermarketing some wheels for it.!! :) :)