Please recommend best style of prop for my boat w/115 Johnson (picture inside)

jvr440

Cadet
I'd like the opinion of the experts on this board about my motor setup in the picture below and what style of prop I should be running with this. The boat is a 1978 Cheetah 15.5' fish&ski with a 78 Johnson 115. I'm trying to sell this so I really shouldn't care, but I want to help the next owner get the right setup.<br /><br />I've been fighting ventilation problems since I got the boat 5 years ago because the motor sits so high in relation to the bottom of the boat. The 4 blade 19P comprop I'm running keeps the ventilation to a minimum but it's still excessive. I have 2 different 3 blade SS props (19P & 21P) that I've tried and they're both worse. I've also run it with the fin off the motor and it's much worse. My research here suggests that I should be running a raker style, is that correct? Thanks.<br /><br />
boat

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: Please recommend best style of prop for my boat w/115 Johnson (picture insid

Re: Please recommend best style of prop for my boat w/115 Johnson (picture insid

Raker would be good, so would a Turbo or Stiletto. what is your RPM with the prop that works best, and what IS that prop??

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Prop topic

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

If the engine is trimmed down all the way in that picture, you might try to get a little more down trim.