Hustler 2 part props

Realgun

Commander
walleyedhed do you know anything about or have you tested the Hustler aluminium props?<br /> <br />I had a fairly beat up old prop when I got my boat it blew out in corners and was overpitched as we boat at 5000ft. The 15 pitch seemed fime but motors turning only 4600rpm. Have no idea what the old prop turned. I believe its a 17 pitch. This is a light load just me and a camera. I always have a full 21 gallons of premix too. I can trim that prop all the way up and can't blow it out even on tight 360 degree rotation @ WOT turns . FUN!<br /> Then the prop took a beating at the putt-putt lake (no wake lake). 50 feet from shore and thought water was at least 3 ft deep. :( <br /><br />I have a 1988 Force 85hp, 17.5 Ft Capri Bowrider and calculated prop slip is 9%. Proper range for motor is 4500-5500rpm.<br /><br />I have not changed jets yet.<br />I did get another housing but is 13 pitch. Thank you iBoats!!!!<br /><br />Can I do anything else other than jets and lowering pitch to gain rpm? I really want to go faster. <br /><br />Engine replacement is not an option.

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: Hustler 2 part props

Engine replacement...I understand..not an option, but how about "reposition" the engine???<br />don't know where it's mounted now, but if you can run full trim, it's too low.<br />I have run a few hustlers and setting next to a rapture, they seem to have the same blade design. The reason I mention that is because the rapture cuts loose at heigth fairly easily.<br />Try moving up 1 hole and test...keep doing that untill you get some blow-out...<br />As for jets, I drop .001 for every 1500ft above sea-level. You need to make sure it has sea-level jets now, before assuming and going too low/lean.<br />You'll gain quite a few RPM by having closer to the right jets in it. 2 sizes leaner let my 200 run about 250RPM more, and I still have wet plugs on wot kill check.

Realgun

Commander

Well there are only 2 holes and the motor is in the bottom most holes so I cannot use THAT hole to go higher. I could drill out the hole in the bracket above and reposition the motor higher but the top has 2 clamps. Will that hurt as long as they clamp the top?<br /><br />I wonder If I have the record for the longest bump wait time. :)

walleyehed

Admiral

as long as the clamps still have something to grab, it should be ok, if the bottom 2 are bolted solid.<br />As for the bump....well, you may just hold the record. :D