Green algae on so. FL. reefs

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
"The Kudzu of the Sea" is what the "experts" have been calling the Caulerpa algae...<br /><br />Anyone else in PB, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian river, Broward, or other south Florida Counties finding the Caulerpa, "weed like algae", growing on the hard bottom offshore? If so, at what depths?<br /><br />I'm trying to get a handle on just how far the stuff has spread so I can plan bottom fishing trips accoridngly to avoid the crud... Sick of being a bonito fisherman... ;) Want good eatin' fish on the table... <br /><br />I've been fishing the reefs off Palm Beach and the south end of Martin county in anywhere from 60 to 120+ feet of water.. Been catching a few snapper, small grouper, and other assorted reef creatures, but I've come up with a rig covered in green crud more times than not, especially off Jupiter.... Definately not catching fish in places I used to.. <br /><br />Also any info on the very deep bottom would be good (reefs, ledges, ect.).. Might take up dropping baits real deeeeeep!

crab bait

Captain
Re: Green algae on so. FL. reefs

if'n there's to much green crud off jupiter .. than don't try pluto... cause it's lousy with red crud..<br /><br />( just had to.. :) )

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

LMAO Crabby! :D There's a Uranus joke in there somewhere, but I can't figure out just where...

crab bait

Captain

THERE SURE IS, brother.. <br /><br />but JB has his finger on the panic button.. wouldn't last anyway.. :)

crab bait

Captain

what-da-heck..<br /><br />if'n you don't like the green crud off jupiter,, an the red crud off pluto.. then i'm diffinately goin' to stay away from the brown crud off Uranus..

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

You thought about that alllll day, did'nt ya Crabby???.... :D