Went Fishing this morning.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer
3 buddies, 2 boats. LF is out of town. I haven't fished without her in over 2 years. Felt very strange not to have supervision. I caught 24" spec which weighed 4.5 lbs. Buddy caught 25" spec at about 5 lbs. <br /><br />I enjoyed fishing this AM but I guess I've been with her too long because I sure didn't have near as much fun as I would have if LF had been there. Do any of the rest of you have your wife and best fishing buddy be the same person? One boat pulled up alongside us with a couple in it. She was telling him how to drive , anchor, fish and to "put that beer back, it's only 10 AM". I actually felt kind of homesick. <br /><br />I've got to go pick her up at the airport now. Tomorrow I've got a new fishing hole to show her. Another reason to pick her up is she's got a beautiful trout to fillet.

gonfishn

Commander
Re: Went Fishing this morning.

You are indeed blessed to have a wife,partner and one who loves to fish..Plus from some of your previous posts she can be entertaining at times to.. :D

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Another reason to pick her up is she's got a beautiful trout to fillet.
HAHA!!! :p <br /><br />I miss fishing with my EX-girlfriend. She was a better fisher-person than my friend that I take fishing. She was great at filleting the rib bones out of the little 'gills we caught. <br />Should of kept that one. (actually, we HAVE been talking lately :) )<br /><br />Don't forget the flowers when you pick her up. Maybe make a nice meal, candlelight, handcuffs....etc :)

crab bait

Captain

yeah,, i feel ya.. <br /><br />some people find fun in bashin' their fingers with a hammer.. <br /><br />an than,, you got her..

LadyFish

Admiral

Hey y'all. That was a beautiful trout Mr.LF caught. It was so nice to come home from a long trip, change clothes and head directly to my fish cleaning station. :rolleyes: I'm just glad he remembered to pick me up from the airport.<br /><br />I was shocked that he not only caught, but landed such a HUGE fish without my help and supervision. I'm glad that he's been listening all these years. :D :p Or in my absence, he used my rod 'n reel, you know, cause its lucky.<br /><br />P.S. He weighed it and it was 4.5 pounds. :)

crab bait

Captain

well, it's from years upon years of upon years of poundin' it in his head.. it becomes auto-pilot after a while.. <br /><br />WHEN YOUR NOT AROUND..<br /><br />now that your back,, he'll return to stuhis own self..<br /><br />GLAD YOUR BACK ,TOO...!!

one more cast

Captain

My wife to be (on aug 28) is my best friend and fishing buddy. We just have a great time together and I feel blessed.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

very blessed you all are ..<br /><br />(still wishin')

LubeDude

Admiral

Yes, My lovly bride of 20 years is my best fishing buddy. I feel as MrLadyfish does also, O have fun when Im with the guys, but I miss having her in the boat.<br /><br />Yes, we are truly blessed! :D

Skinnywater

Commander

My wife and I do most everything together.<br />I prefer her company over anyone else.<br />She prefers the woods, I prefer the water. <br />She outfishes me, I outhunt her.<br />On the trail, she can match me step for step, mile for mile.<br />Neither one of us require as much supervision as we do attention.

bartborchardt

Petty Officer 2nd Class

LadyFish,<br /><br />Just curious as to where you have been?

LadyFish

Admiral

Plugger, I was away on business for a couple of days. It was great to be right back out on the water the next day however, fishing from early dawn til sunset.<br /><br />Unfortunately, my only catch was a beauty of a speck which I lost. It did a pretty tail dance on the water for me then the line snapped. :(

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

mrs. LF, regarding the spec you cleaned and cooked up, is the flesh on these 'pink' like their freshwater relitives? carol

LadyFish

Admiral

Carol,<br /><br />No, the flesh on a speckeled trout is very white. It's delicate and very mild in taste. They are heavily saught by inland saltwater anglers for both their fight and their flavor.<br /><br />I usually filet them and either pan fry or deep fry but they're awesome stuffed with shrimp and crabmeant and baked.

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

4 1/2 lbs trout? We have to throw them back in some of our lakes as not big enough.<br />Lake Taupo minimum is 45 cm or 18", thats getting to 4lbs in size.<br />Best caught here was last season was a Brown Hen at just over 30lbs. Been feeding on the feed pellets from the salmon farm that got past the nets.<br />28 lb brown hen caught at Rotorua about 3 years back by a first time angler from USA.<br />My best is a 7 lb rainbow hen but have seen many caught over 10 lbs around Taupo.<br /><br />All our rainbow stock is from N. California stock over 100 years back.<br /><br />The browns originated from the UK.<br /><br />Good fishing, tight lines etc<br />Peter

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Our minimum is 15" for spotted sea trout. A 23"-25", 4 to 5 pounder is common but the average is probably closer to 19"-21", 2 to 3 pounds. We are allowed 1 a day over 25". <br />The is from Parks & Wildlife:<br /> The growth rate of spotted seatrout differs between males and females, with females growing faster. Approximate lengths at various years of age are given in the following table.<br /><br />AGE MALE FEMALE<br />1 9" 8"<br />2 14" 17"<br />3 17" 20"<br />4 18" 23"<br />5 18" 24"<br />6 19" 25"<br />7 19" 26"<br /><br />Most large spotted seatrout caught are females and commonly live to be nine or 10 years of age. Anglers long ago recognized that very large trout were usually female and appropriately called them "sow" trout. The record trout taken by rod and reel in Texas measured 33 3/4" and weighed 13 pounds 9 ounces.