Silver lining!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Okay, this past Oct my employer laid me off... eliminated my computer job, no warning just a good bye. :eek: Well, that was in the car sales business and the stress was miserable. Our day to day was impacted on how the boss got up. He carried all his problems to work and blamed everyone for everything. :mad: <br /><br />Being laid off was actually very refreshing! I was happy and on a job hunt.<br /><br />I have played the ebay game and sold many things. The word got out that I enjoyed this and a friend asked for my help. He runs a major motorcycle dealership (Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, Arctic Cat, & Bombadier aka BRP) and asked for my help. Well, since motorcycles and ATV's are in line with my hobbies along with boating I was happy to help. I advised him ebay, set up a store, shipping and turned him into a Gold Powerseller. He was obviously impressed and so was the owner.<br /><br />[as a side note: my previous emplyer contated me and asked me back my reply was "thank you but, I don't think so!"] :p <br /><br />My new full time venture is running an ebay site for him. Great hours, great people and close to home. I'm happy.<br /><br /> :D

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: Silver lining!

That's awesome dude! I would love to be my own boss. Congratulations! :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Waaaay cool, Bob! :)

KRS

Banned

Very nice. I can feel the refreshment in your writing!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Great news man, I always try to make lemonaide out of lemons.<br /><br />Ken

aspeck

Staff member

Congrats Bob! Didn't see this earlier. Sounds like a fun place to work - surrounded by big boy toys all day!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Surrounded by toys!! I love it!