It's been 42 degrees C

Triton II

Commander
Thank goodness! Here in way too sunny Sydney we've just had a storm (known here as a Southerly Buster) and the temperature has dropped to a very pleasant 25 degrees. Even better, it's looking good for the weekend... we're buying up for the BBQ and getting those rods and 'skis out!

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: It's been 42 degrees C

How ya going to thaw out those dogs? Before you get them to the grill they will freeze again

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Wow! 42 Celsius is HOT!.<br /><br />25C sounds like party weather. :)

geofthro

Seaman

Only of that weather would come this way!! Im in 40 degrees farenheit, rain all day with snow on its way!! Time to do another fishing trip to maui and check in with the locals i think!! :)

Triton II

Commander

Yep, it was hot alright. We've been having really dry weather and our water storage is down to less than 44% for the city. So when it runs out we'll all be praying for some of the weather you guys get! We'll be towing icebergs out of Antarctica soon...<br />PS: how do you convert C into F so I don't confuse people in the future?

Dunaruna

Admiral

Roughly - To convert C to F, double it and add 30.<br />To convert F to C, deduct 30 and halve it.<br /><br />Exact - (9 x C) divided by 5, add 32 = F<br /><br /> (F - 32) x 5, divided by 9 = C<br /><br />Aldo

Triton II

Commander

Gotcha. So 42C is 107.6F. As I said, that's pretty hot. How's the city of four seasons in a day?

Dunaruna

Admiral

Today is mild with drizzle, forecast for the weekend is high 30s' - I love this time of year. Looks like we will be going on semi-permanent water restrictions unless we get decent downpours in the next few months, our reserves are similar to yours. I like the iceberg idea - how bigs your boat? :D <br /><br />Aldo

Triton II

Commander

She's only a tiddler. Quintrex 475 Spirit (cuddy cabin) with a 60 four-stroke Yam. However D!ck Smith's new toy just arrived at Rozelle Bay Marina... 6 million bucks worth. Maybe we could talk him into trying it! :p

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I love it! A tiddler. :D Extremely descriptive. Be that as it may, I wish I could funnel some of this excess U.S. Pacific Northwest rain down your way. Droughts don't help boaters and too much rain isn't good either. Maybe we could strike a happy medium.

geofthro

Seaman

hello people! another cool day up in the northern east coast of the U.S, Talked to family back home in NZ, apparently the weather isn't to great at the moment..rain rain rain, But they had a great whitebait and scolly season! Anyone fished the great barrier recently???

Dunaruna

Admiral

Getting harder and harder to do seeing as its a protected area. More and more areas on the reef are being closed to fishing. Went up there about 6 months ago, did well in the freshwater lakes (barra & grunters) but nothing on the reef apart from a few cuda - saw plenty of whales though :) .<br /><br />Aldo

Triton II

Commander

Had a weekend on Botany Bay and a short run up the coast into the Harbour. Trolled for Tailor with no luck but caught two 2kg dusky flatheads off Towra Point. Dolphins came out to play off Sydney Heads which was fun... all in all a great weekend. Just wish it would rain so they could lift the water restrictions and I could wash the boat with a hose! One day I'd like to take the tiddler up to the reef... one day!