bad car accident

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
MY son was in a bad car accident yesterday!<br />he's 16 and was getting a ride to work by his pal<br />on his way home. less than 2 blocks from the house...<br />he was a passenger in a Toyota Corolla and they<br />rear-ended an old ford PU with a solid/welded<br />bumper. truck sits much higher, so their car went<br />right under it and the hood took the full force.<br /><br />the good news? both air-bags deployed and other<br />than some nasty air-bag rash, MY son is fine :D

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: bad car accident

Glad to hear your son is OK. Could have been a lot worse.<br />How is the driver doing?<br /><br />AK Chappy

ndemge

Commander

Hope they both learned a good lesson and can avoid a worse accident later.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

thanks guys, both were unhurt. agree ndemge,<br />hope they both learned a valuable lesson without<br />being injured... wear your seat-belts y'all!<br />M.Y.

SoulWinner

Commander

Wow MY! Praise God! I know that my 16 year old has benefited greatly from our prayers. Kids being kids, you know? I don't know how I ever survived. A few months ago my son rear ended a car. It was an old Taurus I think. Anyhoo, they deliberatly hit thier brakes because my boy was following too close, and he hit them doing less than 5mph. No damage to either vehicle. There were four of them in the car, and they are all sueing over neck/back injuries.

aspeck

Staff member

MY, isn't that lesson more like keep your eyes on the road and what is ahead of you?<br /><br />As for the seat belt thing, I would be dead if I wore mine. Hard to buckle up when you know not buckling up saved your life once.

KaGee

Admiral

They say that most accidents happen less than a mile from home!<br /><br />Glad everyone is ok. Been there, done that with both my boys. Got the pictures and an empty bank account to prove it.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

Aspeck, there are MANY lessons to be learned ;) <br /><br />SW, thanks bro! I am also surpised I'm still<br />kicking! LOL. as for the accident u mention, kinda<br />sounds like a known insurance scam. maybe u<br />should contact the authorities/ ins. co and ask?<br /><br />KG, said same exact thing when I drove him home<br />from hospital. NY has "no fault" insurance, so<br />won't cost MY a penny I hope???

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

That is a definite "Good News" post MY. Glad to hear the boys are OK.