Mohini Bhardwaj and Pamela Anderson

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Mohini Bhardwaj's solid, dependable (and in the case of the beam, unscheduled) performances anchored the US Olympic Gymnasts to a Silver Medal in Athens.<br /><br />Mohini is 25, ancient for a female gymnast. She is the team leader and captain.<br /><br />Lots of folks know all that.<br /><br />What many may not know is that Mohini wouldn't have come out of "retirement" and trained for the trials if it wasn't for the personal generosity of Pamela Anderson, well known T&A celebrity. Pam, a former gymnast, became "Mighty Mo's" mentor and financed her training.<br /><br />Thanks, Pam. You and Mohini are an inspiration.

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Mohini Bhardwaj and Pamela Anderson

Where is JB and what have you done with him? ;) <br /><br />I watched the vault and uneven bars before turning in last night. Did the girl that messed up the vault and bars (Carly something) cost them the gold?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Every member made minor errors in some apparatus, GG.<br /><br />Carly Patterson made small errors on the beam and on the P-bars, but turned in a nearly perfect routine on the floor (9.662) to balance her total contribution.<br /><br />Nobody "cost" the US the Gold Medal. The Romanian team earned it with superior performance. The caliber of the competition made the Silver a great achievement for the US team.<br /><br />Hmmm. If Pam Anderson is a celebrity it can't be for her acting. Gotta be something. What else? :confused:

gaugeguy

Captain

I only got to see the first two events and it looked like Carly was taking it pretty hard, I'm glad she was able to come back a little.<br /><br />I wasn't happy with the way they ran the events with three scores added up to give a score for the whole team in the apparatus, seems to me it was better before.<br /><br />The Romanians are tough, always have been. I still remember Nadia Comeneche(sp) and the legendary Bella Ligosi (sp, again), there is no shame in taking second to them.<br /><br />I'm sure Pam was a gymnast BPS (before plastic surgery) ;) <br /><br />And some really good news is that we are kicking butt and taking names in the pool, USA, USA, USA!!!

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer

JB said it much better than I could ever have said it. These atheletes gave there all. I can't fault anyone when doing there best. Consider the pressure - there isn't a gauge that can measure it. What I felt was compassion for Carley because of how she must have felt after giving her all, even though it was not her best performance. <br />My thanks to the whole team and to Pamela Anderson.

jt57

Petty Officer 2nd Class

it's good to see pammie do something good with all her money,instead of giving it to coked out husband's and P.E.T.A.

11 footer

Lieutenant

I don't know who this Bhardwaj girl is, or what this whole Gymnasts thing is all about, but I do enjoy watching moves that Pamela Anderson makes :D :p

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Mo is quite a story. She was delivering pizzas to make ends meet. Still doesn't have funiture in her apartment. Remember these athletes can't make any money from their sport; NCAA rules. Just sponsors only. It was very generous for Pamela to help Mo out like that.$20,000. That helps alot. She wouldn't have made it without her.<br /> Mohini was a great team leader having so much experience. Mohini broke a record for having the most "10"'s in UCLA history. Awesome accomplishment! I think she helped the other girls stay focused. and yes, then she had to do the beam without any practice and pulled through is great!<br /> I am very proud of our team. They did their best and you just have to admit that they were beat by the best; Romania. Romania is just soo good every olympics.<br />Silver for both men's and women's? and Gold for Paul Hamm for all-around? The first American to do that ever! Whoa!! Hey, since when is that bad? That is just awesome!! I'm proud of them.<br /> Can you tell I like this sport? <br />Bassy :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Ryan T.:<br /> I don't know who this Bhardwaj girl is, or what this whole Gymnasts thing is all about, but I do enjoy watching moves that Pamela Anderson makes :D :p
Geeez, RyanT. They must really keep you in the dark, out there, in Kerry's State. You need to get some culture. I know that Pamela Anderson has a lot of things , but culture is not two of them. ;)

D

DJ

I never could understand how NBA players could participate in the olympics. They are not amatuers. They certainly are paid. And well!

Dunaruna

Admiral

Not just NBA, most (if not all) of the basketball teams at the olympics are pros. From what I saw last night it is quite obvious the refs are not!<br /><br />Congrats to Mohini & her fellow teammates, not an easy task to be competitive against the eastern Europeans in gymnastics. Well done.<br /><br />Aldo

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by JB:<br /> ....Hmmm. If Pam Anderson is a celebrity it can't be for her acting. Gotta be something. What else?.... :confused:
I'm sure there are a couple of reasons for her to be famous :D