Retreive deleted photos

Stratosfied

Ensign
I burned some photos on a disk and deleted the photos a year or so ago. The disk got broken in moving, is there anyway to retreive the photos from the hard drive?? And how hard would it be. Thanks in advance. Running Windows XP, and the system restore will not go back that far.

noelm

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Retreive deleted photos

I would be guessing if it was a year ago, forget it!

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Yep, most likely that space has been reused by the system.

Realgun

Commander

Now we wonders why we did not burn 2 disks like we were supposed to?<br /><br />1. 1 to keep.<br />2. 1 to archive somewhere else.<br /><br />CD's are so cheap you gotta do it right if'n you do it at all.<br /><br />The correct answer is- they are gone sorry.

one more cast

Captain

You can see if they are still there by clicking:<br /> <br /> Start<br /> Search<br /> All files and folders<br /> Look in: Local hard drives (could try typing IMG in the file name box).<br /> Enter<br /><br /> Good luck looking through the thousands of itims.<br /> I have recovered some photos like this however.

vipzach

Lieutenant

Did you just delete them to the recycle bin? As long as you have never emtied it, then they are still in there. If you didn't, then there is little chance of getting them back. There is software out there that will search your harddrive for deleted items. Some of them work well, as long the space on the drive hasn't been written over. Good luck!

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Sorry, you will not be able to retrieve those pics file. It is gone. Most of the empty space vacanted by the deleted is taken up or used by now. Basically it is overwritten by some other files etc...

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I lost some photos a while back. Ended up using File Scavenger 3.0 and it found them. Also found files and photos that were 3 years deleted! The bigger your drive, the greater the chance that those old photos are still intact.<br /><br />You won't know until you try.