Intrepid update

Got the passenger side head off. Does seem a bit warped using a carpenters square. Going to check with a good straight edge and feelers guage this evening. It does not show any signs of having a bad gasket.<br /><br />I did find in the #1 cyl an exhaust valve with a spot on it where carbon got stuck on the seat. Probably why the compression was down a bit more than the others.<br /><br />Going to pull the drivers side off tonight and see if there is a problem there. I'm thinking about just getting a remanufactured set. For under $400 seems cheaper than to have these heads reworked. Just unsure about remanufactured componets sometimes.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Intrepid update

DOH! Guess I need to mention to the mrs that she needs to log off after she has been on the board. Of course its my bad for not checking to see who was logged on. Sorry...<br /><br />BTW dolluper, That Explorer I got the mrs does not have cruise or tilt. It has some bells and whistles, but not many. I like as few as possible. That means not as much stuff to go wrong.

dolluper

Captain
Re: Intrepid update

If the head is warped a machine shop will fix it cheap.....Ford humm buy a manual!!!