Satellite web site

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi Folks! Has any one out there have the web site that will pin point your house,etc? I have googled it but not found what I want. Tks in advance for any help

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Satellite web site

It's out there somewhere Malibu. Someone will chime in. It's quite amazing.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Go to google, on the top of the page to the right it say's other, click that. Scroll down to google earth to download it...it is a large file but worth it.

ndemge

Commander

earth.google.com it's well worth the download.<br /><br />if your on a modem, forget it.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I am modem at 50k and it took 35minutes to download the program...but worth it. After the initial download modem aint that bad, once you go to a place it is stored in your harddrive so you don't need to wait for it to load again.

vipzach

Lieutenant

The pictures are not very up to date, but really cool to look at!

sangerwaker

Commander

That's not always the case, vipzach. The one of my house is less than 4 months old. I know this because of where my boat is parked on my driveway. I always parked it on the east side, until about 4 months ago. In the photo, my boat is obviously parked on the west side.

vipzach

Lieutenant

Originally posted by sangerwaker:<br /> That's not always the case, vipzach. The one of my house is less than 4 months old. I know this because of where my boat is parked on my driveway. I always parked it on the east side, until about 4 months ago. In the photo, my boat is obviously parked on the west side.
I wonder why that is? The picture of my house is over a year old, atleast the last time I looked. The reason I know is because there should be a honda accord in my driveway (it doesn't move) and it isn't on the web photo. <br /> It is still a pretty cool program though.