DSO Exploit removal

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does anybody know how to get rid of the DSO Exploit from showing up each time you run spybot? All my updates are done on XP so I know I do not have anything wrong. When they show on spybot, I click remove and it says it does but in reality it doesn't. Any help would be appreciated.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: DSO Exploit removal

Does anybody know just what the heck DSO Exploit is?

vipzach

Lieutenant

DSO exploit was a hole in IE that would allow bad stuff to run. Microsoft had a patch that fixed the problem. If you are running the current version of IE and have done all other updates, you have nothing to worry about. Spybot search and destroy will still find it, but you have nothing to worry about.

rwise

Captain

there is a patch or update for spybot, get it and install it. It will stop the false report.

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

vipzach....I have all the updates that XP has plus the patches but is there nothing I can do to stop spybot from showing the DSO each time I run it. Like deleting out folders or something or could I get into trouble by doing that?

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Google search DSO Exploit.....Im sure you can find many many pages that talk about fixing it...<br /><br />I myself had the same problem, then just one day it stopped finding it....So im not much help.Sorry

vipzach

Lieutenant

Spybot is supposed to have an update that fixes that showing up each time you scan, as rwise suggested, but whenever I run spybot it still shows up on mine. I don't know why on some peoples computers it always shows up and others it does not. <br />If you stop using spybot it wouldn't show up anymore :D :D :p <br />If your IE is updated,I would not worry about it. I wouldn't start deleting anything though, you would probly just get yourself in trouble. :eek:

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

vipzach...tks for your reply guy. Did some research and found a newer version of spybot than what I was running. My older version was not updating mine to the newer one(from 1.3 to 1.4)so I downloaded it and low and behold, the DSO Exploits are gone. Went to download.com for the newer version. Figured I would get into trouble if I tried to go into programs or folders and start deleting. Tks for your help

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I get the samething everytime I run spybot it shows up..I have to check what version I have...

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

I've been axing the same question, downloading 1.4 as I type. Thanks. Chief ;)

jaxsun

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by heyttown:<br /> <br /><br />I myself had the same problem, then just one day it stopped finding it....So im not much help.Sorry

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Just got done running ver. 1.4 it did not even show up this time .......thanks

vipzach

Lieutenant

Originally posted by malibu4u:<br /> vipzach...tks for your reply guy. Did some research and found a newer version of spybot than what I was running. My older version was not updating mine to the newer one(from 1.3 to 1.4)so I downloaded it and low and behold, the DSO Exploits are gone. Went to download.com for the newer version. Figured I would get into trouble if I tried to go into programs or folders and start deleting. Tks for your help
You are welcome! Sorry I didn't suggest using 1.4, I am glad you figured it out though.