I love garage sales :)

LubeDude

Admiral
Last Saturday I stopped at a Garage sale on my way down to buy the Saturday paper. It was a big one out in the country. Saw an old transmission laying there with $150.00 on it. It was a 1963 T-10 4sp. Had the linkage for a Galaxy still on it. Slightly rusty, but looked decent and it turned freely. I didnt buy it as I thought that I might not have time to mess with it.<br /><br />I then went to My folks house for the weekend and on the way back I told the wife that I was going to stop in there again on the way in to work tuesday morning and see if it was still there. Well, I did, and it was still there pushed under an old truck. I talked to the guy and ask what he would take for it before it turned into a boat anchor. He said, "Would ya give me $50.00 for it"? I said sure, I can take a chance on it for that.<br /><br />Well, I have it all torn down and it looks great inside. Ill put new syncros in it and a gasket kit, bead blast the case and put it up for sale. :cool: <br /><br />Anyone need a cast Iron T-10.

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer
Re: I love garage sales :)

I love garage sales myself.....I usually hit one up when I see it, but normally lookinf for old fishing reels and other items to resell on ebay....Some things Ive made %200 profit on....You just have to know what your looking for.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Garage sales are the roots from which eBay grew.

ndemge

Commander

Hey now LD, no selling here ;) <br /><br />Still, always nice to find something of value

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

lubeeee - that was my dads secret - go at the end of the day ....<br /><br /><br />My dad would say - I will give you $5 for it - or I guess you could haul it back into the attic for the next sale - the guy at the end of a LONG day of garage selling usually just said the heck with it..<br /><br />We got some great great deals that way<br /><br />tomatolord<br /><br />also I now have got my kids hooked on it - we went one time and they had an old motorcycle helmet for $5 which we bought, my kid still wears it around the house.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by NoelMG:<br /> Hey now LD, no selling here ;) <br /><br />
Who elso do ya all know that gets away with so much here? :eek: <br /><br />Honestly wasnt actually trying to sell it here. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Honest, JBs not my daddy. :cool: <br /><br />I decided to put in a whole kit, bearings and all, gonna make someone a great tranny.

i rowboat

Cadet

Wanna a yardsale 352 to strap to it? I thought I was nuts.... :D