ford f-150 brake question

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1995 ford f-150 that had a brake line come apart about 8 inches from the end(by brakes)_ . It has this rubber boot with some type of connector under the boot. It came apart while trying to back to a trailer going up hill .I put it back together and it has held no matter how hard I hit the brakes or pump them. My question is will it hold ?Im leaveing for a road trip tommorrow and cant get to a garage until Thursday.

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: ford f-150 brake question

Is it the actual line or hose that came apart? I can only think of one thing that fits what you are describing. The bleeder screw usually has a rubber cap over it. If its the bleeder don't worry about it. Clarify for us a little bit what you mean.

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: ford f-150 brake question

the hardline from the frame turns to a rubber line which then goes into a solid line -to the brakes. Between the the rubber line and the hardline at the brakes is a rubber boot like one youd see on a spark plug. This is what came apart.I loss a small amount of fluid.<br />---I had something get hung up in that fender well a few weeks back so its possible it was knocked loose. Is it suppose come apart there?