First Mow with the Honda Mower!!!

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
I was pleasantly stunned to find the 20 horse monster as velvet smooth as could be, the motor purring as quiet as a sewing machine motor but absolutely ripping thru the overgrown lawn at the Red Eagle, it didnt even slow down on the thick heavy stuff that the Lawn Boy had to chew its way thru (tired 12 horse Briggs)<br /><br />The Honda manual says mow at FULL SPEED, but I like to use 75% throttle, its a lot less load on the engine and still moves plenty of cooling air ...<br /><br />the difference here was staggering<br /><br />The Lawn Boy, cranked to full, can handle a 38" cut of heavy grass at a decent clip, but will bog if you speed it up; IE, hit the hydro trans for more forward speed<br /><br />The Honda, at full power, powered thru like a dragster, with a 48" deck ... Wow! Mongo IMPRESSED!<br /><br />What ordinarily took two hours I knocked out in about fifty minutes ... darkness came and the headlights, the blindingly bright headlights lit the lawn up almost like daylight. This was VERY cool, cause the heat of the engine hid me from the mosquitoes and the lights kept the other bugs at the front of the tractor instead of in my face<br /><br />Two Bad Things ...<br /><br />feels much more top heavy than the Lawn Boy, dont like that at all - seat does seem perched quite high up<br /><br />my back was in absolute spasms getting off the thing<br /><br />Fixing the seat by replacing it with a lower, wider seat should cure the "screaming in back pain" problem ... I know one thing, if I had paid the five thousand bucks this thing cost new, id be REALLY upset!<br /><br />But ... I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship! :D :D :D <br /><br />Time will tell!<br /><br /> :cool:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: First Mow with the Honda Mower!!!

Sounds like Honda did their part, now it's time for you to do yours. Lower the seat. There is not much I own that I don't have to customise to suit my tastes. Sounds like this is a pretty minor one for you. <br /><br />You made a good purchase.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
Re: First Mow with the Honda Mower!!!

I actually considered the "bucket" seat out of a bonneville, low flat wide ... but a hinged piece of plywood with some vinyl over padding will have to do<br /><br />LOL, Pymp My Tractor, MTV are you listening???<br /><br /> :D :D :D :D