Pressure washers... recommendations?

Homerr

Commander
I'm in the market for a pressure washer.<br /><br />Any suggestions? Good, bad, ugly?<br /><br />I want one at least 2500 psi., or the ability to remove paint if necessary.<br /><br />H.

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Pressure washers... recommendations?

Ask Ryan T. Maybe he learned something from his neighbor! :D ;)

AaronG

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't buy a cheapy with a verticle shaft engine with the pump mounted underneith. Those pressure washers are total crap. <br /><br />Pay a little more and get a horizontal shaft motor with the pump in front of it. I went through 3 pressure washers before I bought a decent Honda one.<br /><br />Remember to keep it from freezing in the winter. Either winterize it according to its instructions, or keep it warm indoors.

Homerr

Commander

Thanks for the info...<br /><br />I was looking at this one:<br /><br /> http://www.troybilt-gen-pw.com/pressure_washers/model.cfm?id=198 <br /><br /><br />Honda motor, horizontal shaft.<br /><br />
42133Large.jpg
<br /><br /><br />H.

AaronG

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thats the one I have. The only problems I've had are the tires going flat, and the quick connects on the wand getting gummed up with minerals from the water. You just clean them up, and they work fine. Its a nice unit. The Honda motor is overhead cam, and looks like a dirt bike motor rather than a lawn mower moter.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

You want water volume not water pressure - GPM is the key You would be amazed at how much more work a higher volume system can do versus higher pressure lower volume system can do.<br /><br />Also you need to winterize for long periods of non use - the O rings dry out and you lose compression.<br /><br />Check for the method of bypass - this allows the motor to keep running without running the wand, if there is no bypass then you have to run the gun the entire time the motor is running.<br /><br />soap injection - how do you connect or inject soap into the system is their a tube or other valve?- does it spray the soap at the high volume or low volume<br /><br />good luck<br /><br />Tomatolord

Homerr

Commander

I decided on a little larger than the one I showed above.<br /><br />I got the Troy Built 3000 PSI unit with the 7HP Intek Engine and 2.8 GPM. It was only a few bucks more.<br /><br />
188034Large.jpg
<br /><br /><br /> http://www.troybilt-gen-pw.com/pressure_washers/model.cfm?id=199 <br /><br /><br />I tried it out today and WOW... It really works good. :D <br /><br />Thanks for the input!<br /><br />(Now I'm off to find those pesky neighbors... ROFL)<br /><br />H.