Mercury Capri

ae708

Chief Petty Officer
Under the Holden discussion Dunaruna mentioned the "world engine". I bought a, new then, '94 Mercury Capri which was made in Australia I think, and sold by Ford. It also had a "world engine" but I don't remember the size or anything about it except that it was a fun little car and ran well. I also think that the new Pontiac GTO is based on the rear wheel drive Holden. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Mercury Capri

The Capri was our first attempt at exporting to the U.S. market. Nice little convertible. As far as I know, only a few minor issues with the roof leaking. The motor has no connection to the 'world engine'. In fact, the motor (and gearbox and diff) were 100%.............Mazda.<br /><br />The new pontiac GTO is not based on the Holden rear wheel drive, it IS the holden rear wheel drive. More specifically, the Holden Monaro.<br /><br />Aldo

Dreamer1Q

Seaman Apprentice

What you want to know about the LSx based engine? I am somewhat of a expert in them and LT1's :)

D

DJ

The engine is a 1.6 (DOHC) Mazda. Using Mazda electronics, etc.<br /><br />Nothing weird to those familiar with Mazda.