aftermarket exhaust system for a older snowmobile

godsmke5

Cadet
does anybody know where i could find a after market exhaust system for my 1992 polaris indy 500 efi sks? any information whould be much appriciated

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: aftermarket exhaust system for a older snowmobile

Have you tried dennis kirk?

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

Highly doubtful you'll find it. Maybe you'll get REAL lucky and find old stock or used on Ebay. Sled's too old and motor's too small for most people to consider mods...thus no demand for such a product, so I'm quite sure nobody makes them.<br /><br />What is your objective? If you just need a replacement for an old worn-out system, then Ebay yourself a used stock exhaust system, or try www.alssnowmobile.com or other salvage suppliers. I'm sure there's plenty of stock systems in boneyards out there. If you're looking to improve performance, you'd probably get more bang for your buck on mods other than exhaust (carburation & clutching are easiest and cheapest), or by simply replacing the motor with something bigger.<br /><br />Good luck!

godsmke5

Cadet

im replacing it because its old and really rusted. i know that they make twin pipes for it because ive seen them on the same sled but i cant find one.

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

Then I think salvage is your best bet. Internet search for "used snowmobile parts" or "salvage snowmobile parts" and you'll get a bunch of suppliers that might have what you seek. Twin pipes can be a real headache to tune properly on a twin...usually would require a rejet if it was carbed. So you might have to reprogram the EFI if you do make the switch but I don't know that for sure. I'd suggest replacing with what you had for ease of installation.<br /><br />I spend a lot of time on this forum during the winter...a lot of knowlege here and they might be able to help you: http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forum/

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Up here in Canada, I use Royal Distrubuting seem to have lots of stock on everything.<br /><br />Belchy