lobstering

boater76

Cadet
i have a 10 pot permeett which also enables me to dive for lobsters, My question is can I use a pair of tognes or a cherry picker to get the lobsters out of the rocks,, I live in connectict and it doesn't say in the fishing guide book that the state gives out with your license...

GF

Seaman
Re: lobstering

Just keep your hand near the top of the rock, slide it in and then drop in on the lobster

ebbtide176

Commander

it is no fair that you can go harvest your own lobster and we have to wait for the local restaurant to have a lob-fest! :p

charleswmoore

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I did some southern lobstering in the keys, We use a tickle stick. Slide it in the hole behind the lobster and just touch the tail it will swim out and then you catch it in a net. Down south if you stick your hand in a hole an eel may not let you get it out gain and a pair of tongs will just push the critter in deeper. (Ps ours didn't have claws like yalls!!!!!!!!!) oops

GF

Seaman

Charles, good point, I forgot about the EELs in the holes. Up here the lobsters have big claws but you get comfortable with them after awhile. The biggest I ever caught was 15 LBS, had to watch his claws as he was capable of removing fingers. He was very tasty dispite his age.<br /><br />Gary