? @ trip to bahamas

Franko

Cadet
Is it seaworthy in ,good weather{?] to go from singer Island to the bahamas and where to leave from.<br />16 Ft power boat 75 yahamaha<br />tnks<br />frk<br /> :cool:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: ? @ trip to bahamas

Thats a BIG NEGATIVE!... <br /><br /> Sure, I know some fools who've done it in a boat about that size, and one that never made it back and was never seen or heard from again..<br /><br />You might make it over, and then the weather turns and you'll be stuck there for possibly weeks... <br /><br />Takes lots of gas and conditions can change in minutes here... Better than 50 miles to make the crossing from Lake worth (aka Palm Beach) Inlet to the West End...<br /><br />BTW... Gas in the Bahamas is going for $3.50-$4.00 a gallon... :eek:

Franko

Cadet

Tnks for the info will adhere to your words of wisdom.@ what size do you say safe to go. :cool:

jeff_nicholas

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I made it to Bimini and back from Lauderdale in an 18' cuddy in single day; on the 3rd try. The weather didn't cooperate the other 2 times. I used about 25 gallons of gas (42 gallon tank).<br /><br />If the weather is right, you can make it in just about anything. It just depends on your experience level, gear and sense of adventure. Best bet is to buddy boat over.<br /><br />They say you can get over and the weather will turn on you and you won't be able to get back -- I should be so lucky to be FORCED to stay in the Bahamas.<br /><br />I'll be going again...