Automatic update XP Home

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was wondering that when you set your updates to be downloaded automatically, does it only download what is pertinent to your own computer or will it download everything whether you have it or not? Lets just say(and this will be wrong but it's an example only)that it wants to up a Media player 10 but you only have a media player 9. Would it download the media player 10 whether you have it or not or would your own computer not accept it? I know you can be notified of updates and then decide but I was wondering about the auto update feature. Has anyone any thoughts on this?

dolluper

Captain
Re: Automatic update XP Home

It will but you have to install them,which gives you the opition to install or not The updates sit until you say yes thru your install wizzard

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tks for yor reply dolluper! Do you mean that even if it is automatic up date it still ask you to download it? Or do you mean it only download what is pertinent to your own computer? I guess I have confused myself now.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

You can go to Control Panel, Automatic Updates and see what options are available.

dolluper

Captain

It will show up on bottom bar by clock as the world symbol it should ask you updates ready to install then hit review updates or install your choice