Bikers-Old Kawasaki oil injection question

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Got a old 78 125 Kawasaki 2 stroke running that was given to me. Thing is a hoot compared to my heavy Harleys. The oil injection works just dandy. Question is, can I use plain old quality 2 stroke air-cooled oil, or does Kawasaki specify something special? I know I could just disconnect the pump and premix, but it works, and quite convienent. Thoughts? Thanks, Robby

Grant S

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Bikers-Old Kawasaki oil injection question

I think you would be alright with a quality air cooled twostroke oil. When I had my mach 3 years ago that was all I used, Shell, BP, Mobil whatever.<br /><br />I would stick to the oil injection though, why take the risk on an oldie that would be hard to get parts for.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I also am a proud owner of a 1976 Kawasaki KE125.<br /><br />I wish my oil injection worked, someone took the pump off.<br /><br />Ken

dolluper

Captain

Use the type that reads KILLS MOSQUITO'S on the bottle :D :D

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

If you think about the advances in oil technology since 1978 then pretty much anything you put in it will be better than what it was designed to run on. Silkolene's good.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Thats what I was kinda thinking too. The only thing would be the "weight", and the pump orifice. But I just will toss some stuff in, and and as long as I get a little smoke out the pipe, we be cool! Thanks for the replies...