HELP my pc is freakin out...

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class
I need help I even tried to format my hard drive and it won't let me!!! arrrggghhh. I have a ton of spyweare and adware fighting for my computer what can I do!?!?!?! :mad:

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: HELP my pc is freakin out...

I just tried to do the microsoft program and I get an error and it connot complete, Now what?

timfromfc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What OS are you using? If it is 98, try booting from a floppy and use FDISK to delete the primary partition. If you are using Win 2k or XP, you should be able to boot from the install CD. They have options to reformat the hard disk.

timfromfc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just thought of another idea. Try booting you system in Safe Mode and see if you can run your anti-spy ware in that mode. I've heard of people having success using this technique. Good luck!!!

pkelly99

Recruit

Yeah if you reboot in safe mode(press F8 when your computer is first booting) you should be able to run your spyware removal tools and virus scans faster. I recommend using spybot search & destroy in combination with ad aware. But if you really want to reformat, you can boot from your windows cd, if you dont have 2000 or XP, you might as well get it, and make sure to download the service packs right away and update all of your virus defs before you do anything.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have got it under control. Threre was somethings in my registry, finally got it cleaned out after two days of non stop hacking. I built this damn thing and almost gave up to buy a new hard drive, glad I didn't!

dolluper

Captain

What did you find that rotten peanut SHOPNAV or it's friend Hotbar

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

your right dolluper, I did have the shop NAV. it Kept installing itself at startup. AAARRRGGHHHHH. there was a bunch of other crap in there also.