Battery question

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
The battery on my F150 died, i forgot to turn off the lights, it is a motor craft battery 500 cranking amps with non-removable vents and the do not add water lable.<br />Can i just go ahead and recharge it like i would do with my deepcycle trolling motor battery?

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Battery question

Do a low cycle full charge would help.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Fully recharged and holding, thankg guys, this battery is about four and a half years old and i thought that i would have had to buy a new one, but it seems that there's still some good going left in this battery :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Hi Elmer, if it is that old, I would say you are running on some borrowed time. My experience with batteries that are old and have a total charge dump will accelerate the aging process alot faster. It may hold the charge now, but you may find that it won't hold the charge as long.<br /><br />Just a thought.. :)

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> ...battery is about four and a half years old and i thought that i would have had to buy a new one...
4-5 is about all you can expect from a battery. I'd be looking for a new one soon.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I will definitely keep an eye on it ;) <br />Thanks.