Windows XP Service Pack 2 Disk

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does anyone from the iboat family know where I can purchase the SP2 disk? I live in Canada and purchased another disk from a fellow in the states a while ago and we both had no problem either sending it here or receiving the money(money order). I do not do ebay so that is out although I guess I could check it. I am a bit chicken to go there. My email ad is malibu4u@axion.net. Tks in advance.

Xcusme

Commander
Re: Windows XP Service Pack 2 Disk

"You've got mail....."<br /><br />Or go here: SP2

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

Xcusme/Boatbuoy<br />Xcusme you have mail as well but you can ignore it. I should have looked at the site first that you two mentioned as I didn't know you could get it from Microsoft. Thank you both so very much for your help. I sure appreciate it.

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

Xcuseme/Boatbuoy...I went to the Microsoft site but have a question for you. Can I use the SP2 Professional on Windows XP Home? Are they both the same?

Xcusme

Commander

Yup, no problem...Pro or Home, same update.

Xcusme

Commander

Yup, no problem...Pro or Home, same update.<br /><br />These you CAN"T update with SP2:<br /><br />Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition or other earlier Windows operating systems<br /><br />Microsoft Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003<br /><br />Microsoft Windows XP 64-Bit Edition

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

If you have a decent connection (not dial up) you can download it for free. I found the downloaded version was even more reliable than the CD.<br /><br />I was getting strange system hang ups/delays when I tried to use the CD.<br /><br />Bob

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

tks Guys for your info and help. This sure is an awesome to belong to.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The site is listed above but probably worth noting (since noone has mentioned it yet) that microsoft will mail you the SP2 disk for free.