Hams / Puter Geeks TNC software

Link

Rear Admiral
Have a MFJ 1278 TNC TURBO 9600 / 1200 baud <br />Looking for software that works with 2K and above.<br />All old software is dos based and wont work with 2K/XP<br />SUXS LOL<br />Thanks<br /><br />Link

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Re: Hams / Puter Geeks TNC software

Why bother? You can prob. get a replacement that works w/2K/XP for under $20.

Link

Rear Admiral

Pls Forgive me if I took this wrong BoatBuoy It's not about cost.. just looking for the stupid software is all.<br />Thats it.<br />Nuff said..<br />I always pay for software.. even if its shareware.. I donate..<br />The 1278 TNC is still being made but the old software is DOS based. I give up... no to my IBOATS friends.. I don't give up.. but in this area.. HAM.. was just looking for software is all.<br />Wont ever give up... LOL :)

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer

Have you tried running the MFJ software using compatibility mode (Windows XP)?

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by BRG25:<br /> Have you tried running the MFJ software using compatibility mode (Windows XP)?
Hmmm since I haven't installed xp yet I did not know about that.<br />I'm researching this for a friend. <br />He is puter savy and I will pass this on to him.<br />Thanks <br />I have a sched w/him at midnight so we shall see

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer

Right click on the icon and select Properties - > Compatibility. Just a stab in the dark but I have had some success running older software on Windows XP. BTW I am a ham although I haven't been on the air in a number of years. N2IKS

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yet another ham here too. I would also consider getting an older computer to run the software. Old systems are basically giv-a-ways now.<br /><br />Hey BRG I used to deer hunt in your area about 20 years ago. Locke, Moravia, Homer were the hot spots for decent whitetail. Love to get out there again.<br /><br />Bob KB1JOI

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer

Yep Bob, I just gave away 3 older computers to a friend of mine (also a ham) for his packet network...very sad :D <br /><br />We don't want to talk about the deer...I just hit one not that long ago... :mad: